• We gently comb Chondrus Crispus off of large rocks in the Atlantic with a 14' Mossing rake weighing about 30 (lbs) Our Mossing rakes features a curved bronze head that trims the Moss, leaving the root in tact. For every individual piece of Irish Moss trimmed, 3 more will replace it in a span of 3-4 months. Certified Wildcrafted Irish Moss (Chondrus Crispus) exclusively grows attached to large rocks using a holdfast connected to it’s base. Irish Moss soaks up minerals from the ocean's constant wave motion. This process can not be effectively duplicated by human farming, making Chondrus Crispus a more rarity amongst other species of sea algae.
Chondrus Crispus Dried Wholesale
• We offer wholesale Chondrus Crispus up to 10,000 lbs per order. Our Chondrus Crispus comes sun dried & sealed and may contain traces of ocean content (sea shells, crab legs, small oysters, etc). Email us or submit to our chat form for inquires of (50) lbs or more.
Tested for Quality
• We conduct weekly heavy metal tests using Health Metric test kits that detect high levels of heavy metals in aquatic environments.
Preparing Irish Moss Gel
• Step 1 - Thoroughly clean Irish Moss of sea debris in your sink. Use your thumbs to rub every individual flower clean before rehydrating,
• Step 2 - Rehydrate Irish Moss in spring water for 4 to 8 hours. This will allow your Irish Moss to expand.
• Step 3 - Transfer Irish Moss to stove pot and let simmer in hot spring water for 25-30 mins.
• Step 4 - Transfer mixture to blender and blend with spring water until desired texture is achieved.
• Step 5 - Pour Irish Moss gel into jars and store them in your refridgerator or freezer. Best Use Irish Moss Gel last 3 months when frozen and 2 months refridgerated, Raw Irish Moss lasts forever when kept dried and out of rain water. Download our Irish Moss handbook